Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Storm Watch 2010

We have a new lake in our backyard, which I am currently pumping out with a submersible electric drain pump.

We also have a pretty decent leak in our roof apparently, which is currently dripping water through the ceiling in our master bathroom.  Praise God, though, it couldn't be in a better place because it is currently draining right into our sink.  ;)

Please pray that the rain would let up enough for the roofing guys to come out here to fix the roof leak.

Watching this rain coming down, I realized that I haven't seen it rain this much or this hard since the early 1990s when I was working at a wholesale nursery in Rainbow.  Back then, the plants potted plants from the nursery were literally floating across the road while I was trying to leave the nursery, and I had to stick my head out the side window of the car to see where I was going because the rain was falling so hard that the windshield wipers on their highest speed couldn't clear the water fast enough to allow me to see out the windshield.

It is times like this when I remember that God promised to never flood the whole earth again, and I realize just how blessed we really are.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment