Monday, August 17, 2015

God Forgives Our Sins through Christ!

Zaverio, a 97 year old Bwisi speaker from the Congo, had this to say after the New Testament was translated into the Bwisi language:

"I was not expecting to witness the Word of God being read in Bwisi while I was still alive. This week I have learned the true meaning of salvation, and I have accepted Jesus as my Saviour. I will die in the Lord. They used to tell us that a true Christian is the one who attends church all the time, gives gifts, does good works and prays every evening. But now through these teachings in my language of Bwisi, I am understanding that God forgives our sins through Christ!"

"On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” -John 7:37-38 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment