Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Fingers of the Male Cow-Pig

A male cow-pig in its natural habitat  :)
Catherine Rivard is a Wycliffe translator in Papua New Guinea. She is currently working with the Kamano-Kafe people on the Old Testament. So, I thought I would share her latest blog post in order to allow you to catch a glimpse of what it can be like to translate God's Word into a language for the first time.


"I was slouching in my metal folding chair in the tiny room at the back of the shed, my mind drifting as the five men on the Kamano-Kafe translation team waved their arms in a deafening shouting match in a language I didn’t know, impaling sticky notes and thumping Bibles onto the table until the computers shook..."

Click the link below to see what happened next!

Beyond Imagination: The Fingers of the Male Cow-Pig


No comments:

Post a Comment